ZONE 2 JUNIOR PROGRAM
COVID 19 UPDATE RE: JUNIOR TOUR
As a result of the outbreak of the Covid 19 Pandemic, and the need to enforce social distancing and other practices, which has closed the clubhouse facilities of all golf courses, it is not practical to conduct golf tournaments. as a result the first four events of the Junior Tour have been cancelled including the following:
Osoyoos Desert Golf Club: Saturday, April 11th
Nk’Mip Desert Canyon Golf Club: Sunday, April 12th
Penticton Golf Club: Saturday, April 18th
Summerland Golf Club: Sunday, April 19th
Updates on events past these dates will be provided in due course.
Players who have signed up and paid for these events will be either provided a refund, or, should they wish, allow a credit against future events, the choice is theirs.
We hope that all Juniors and their families are remaining safe and most importantly complying with the necessary restrictions to prevent further spread of the disease.
ZONE 2 COMMITTEE
ZONE 2 JUNIOR PROGRAM
The Goals of Zone 2 Junior Golf are to:
- Promote the sport of golf with junior golfers in the Zone (Thompson Okanagan Region)
- Provide an opportunity for our junior golfers to participate in a number of events that feature friendly competition. This group of tournaments is referred to as the Zone 2 Junior Tour
- Provide an opportunity to increase the level of skill
- Promote golf etiquette on and off the course
- Provide an opportunity to have fun, enjoy golf and form lasting friendships as a result
Zone 2 conducts its own Junior Golf Tour from April through June at courses throughout the Thompson Okanagan Region. The 2020 Junior Tour starts at Osoyoos Golf & Country Club Saturday, April 11th. Juniors are defined as 18 and younger as of the date of the event they wish to participate in. Players are divided into three groups, Bantam: 14 and under; Juvenile: 15 & 16; and Junior: 17 & 18. Events are open to both boys and girls.
In addition to the Junior Tour, the Zone holds the Zone 2 Junior Championship, to be held June 6th and 7th at Gallagher’s Canyon Golf & Country Club.
Many of our juniors who have participated in the tour have received scholarships to Canadian and U.S. colleges.
|Zone 2 Junior Golf Schedule 2020|
|Saturday, April 11th||Osoyoos G&CC||11:30 AM||Shotgun|
|Sunday, April 12th||Nk’Mip GC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Saturday, April 18th||Penticton G&CC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Sunday, April 19th||Summerland G&CC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Saturday, April 25th||Kelowna Springs GC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Sunday, April 26th||Vernon G&CC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Saturday, May 2nd||Shannon Lake GC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 3rd||Kelowna G&CC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Saturday, May 9th||Salmon Arm GC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 10th||Talking Rock GC||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|May 16th & 17th||No Golf|
|Saturday, May 23rd||Eagle Point Golf Resort||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 24th||Rivershore Golf Links||12:00 PM||Tee Times|
|May 30th & 31st||No Golf|
|Saturday & Sunday June 6th & 7th||Zone 2 Junior Championship – Gallagher’s Canyon G&CC||12:30 PM||Tee Times|
Eligibility For Tour: – Boys must have a Handicap factor of 30 or lower; Girls must have a factor of 36 or lower. Juniors must be 18 or younger as of the date of the event they wish to participate in, reside within the zone and be a member of a club in good standing with the British Columbia Golf or a member of British Columbia Golf’s Players Club. To defray zone expenses, there is an annual $40 registration fee. The registration form and appropriate payment must be received prior to playing in the first tournament. The cost for each tournament is $40.00 and the final Championship is $150. Maximum field of 64 participants per tournament; first come – first served. Ten spots are held for the top Order of Merit players until registration closes.
To ensure that you are properly registered for the first event at Osoyoos Golf Club, April 11th ensure that you have submitted the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION AND CONDUCT FORM and the JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM to Ron Tate before, Monday April 6th. Both players and parents are required to review, sign and agree to the Junior Code of Conduct in order to participate in the Junior Tour. The same deadline of 5 PM Monday applies to all weekend events thereafter (i.e. Monday at 5 p.m. prior to the tournament). You may also sign up for future tournaments at each event, but they must be paid for, at the time of signing up, and may be paid by cash or cheque. All entries must be paid in advance, by cheque, cash or e-transfer. Pay Pal Payments will not be accepted. Telephone entries cannot be accepted.
There are three ways to register:
- Print the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION & CONDUCT FORM AND THE JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM. Fill in each form and mail both forms, and cheque to Ron Tate, 2777 Mountview Drive, Blind Bay, BC V0E 1H1. Please ensure you are mailing at least 10 days in advance of any event you plan to play in. If the timeline is less, please email Ron Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca and let him know what you have mailed so we can ensure that your name is added to that events roster of players.
- Print the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION AND CONDUCT FORM AND THE JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM.Fill in each form and email both forms. Then send an e-transfer for your payment to Ron Tate: Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca. There is no need to use a password when sending the etransfer as the Zone has registered for automatic deposit.
- Fill in the online forms below and send payment via e-transfer to Ron Tate at Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca . There is no need to use a password when sending the etransfer as the Zone has registered for automatic deposit.
TO DOWNLOAD AND FILL IN THE REGISTRATION, ENTRY & JUNIOR CODE OF CONDUCT FORM AND EITHER MAIL OR EMAIL IT, CLICK HERE
TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION ELECTRONICALLY VIA THIS ONLINE FORM, FILL IN THE FIELDS BELOW AND EITHER MAIL A CHEQUE OR SEND AN ETRANSFER
We thank the following sponsors for their support of the 2019 Zone 2 Junior Program: