ZONE 2 JUNIOR PROGRAM
The Goal of Zone 2 Junior Golf is to:
- Promote the sport of golf with junior aged golfers in the Zone (Thompson Okanagan Region).
- Provide an opportunity for our junior golfers to participate in a number of events that feature friendly competition. This group of tournaments is referred to as the Zone 2 Junior Tour.
- Provide an opportunity to increase the level of skill
- Promote golf etiquette on and off the course
- Provide an opportunity to have fun, enjoy golf and from lasting friendships as a result
Zone 2 conducts its own Junior Golf Tour from April through June at courses throughout the Thompson Okanagan Region. The 2019 Junior Tour starts at Osoyoos Golf & Country Club Saturday, April 13th. Juniors are defined as 18 or younger as of the date of any event they wish to participate in. Players are divided into three groups, Bantam – 14 and under; Juvenile – 15 & 16; and Junior – 17 & 18. Events are open to both boys and girls.
In addition to the Junior Tour, the Zone conducts the Zone 2 Junior Championship, to be held June 8th and 9th at Gallagher’s Canyon Golf & Country Club.
Juniors who have participated in the tour have received scholarships to Canadian and U.S. colleges.
Zone 2 Junior Golf Schedule 2019
|Saturday, April 13th||Osoyoos G & CC||Noon||Shotgun|
|Sunday, April 14th||Fairview Mountain GC||11:40 a.m.||Tee Times|
|Saturday, April 20th||Penticton G & CC||11:30 a.m.||Tee Times|
|Sunday, April 21st||Summerland G & CC||12:00 p.m.||Tee Times|
|Saturday, April 27th||Two Eagles GC||11:00 a.m.||Tee Times|
|Saturday, April 28th||Shannon Lake GC||12:00 p.m.||Tee Times|
|Saturday, May 4th||Kelowna Springs GC||12:00 p.m.||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 5th||Kelowna G & CC||12:00 p.m.||Tee Times|
|Saturday, May 11th||Shuswap National GC||11:00 a.m.||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 12th||Salmon Arm GC||11:06 a.m.||Tee Times|
|May 18/19||No Golf|
|Saturday, May 25th||Shuswap Lake Estates GC||12:00 p.m.||Tee Times|
|Sunday, May 26th||Talking Rock GC||11:00 a.m.||Tee Times|
|June 1/2||No Golf||BC High School Championships|
|Saturday/Sunday June 8/9||Zone 2 Junior Championship – Gallagher’s Canyon G & CC||TBA||Tee Times|
Eligibility For Tour: – Boys must have a Handicap factor of 30 or lower; Girls must have a factor of 36 or lower. Juniors must be 18 or younger as of the date of any event they wish to participate in and reside within the zone and be a member of a club in good standing with the British Columbia Golf or a member of British Columbia Golf’s Players Club. To defray zone expenses, there is an annual $40 registration fee. This payment must be submitted with the registration form below and must be paid prior to playing in the first tournament. It must be submitted together with the entry form for the first tournament. The cost for each tournament is $40.00. There will be a maximum of 64 participants for each tournament; first come, first serve. Ten spots are saved for the top 10 in order of merit until registration closes.
In order to ensure that you are properly registered for the first event at Osoyoos Golf Club, (April 13th) ensure that you have submitted the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION AND CONDUCT FORM and the JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM to Ron Tate by 5 PM, Monday April 8th. Both players and parents will be required to review, sign and agree to the Junior Code of Conduct in order to participate in the Junior Tour. The same deadline of 5 PM Monday applies to all weekend events thereafter (i.e. Monday at 5 p.m. prior to the tournament). You may also sign up for future tournaments at each event, but they must be paid for, at the time of signing up, and may be made in cash or by cheque.
Entry may be made online, by mail or in person (for future events only). All entries must be paid in advance, by cheque, cash or etransfer. Pay Pal Payments will not be accepted. Telephone entries cannot be accepted.
There are three ways to register:
- Print the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION AND CONDUCT FORM AND THE JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM. Fill in each form and mail both forms, and cheque to Ron Tate, 2777 Mountview Drive, Blind Bay, BC V0E 1H1. Please ensure you are mailing at least 10 days in advance of any event you plan to play in. If the timeline is less, please email Ron (Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca ) and let him know what you have mailed so we can ensure that your name is added to that events roster of players.
- Print the ZONE 2 PLAYER REGISTRATION AND CONDUCT FORM AND THE JUNIOR EVENT ENTRY FORM. Fill in each form and email both forms. Then send an e-transfer for your payment to Ron Tate: Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca. When sending etransfers please use the same password every time: zone2.
- Fill in the online forms below and send payment via etransfer to Ron Tate: Zone2JuniorGolf@shaw.ca, using the same password every time: zone22019
TO DOWNLOAD AND FILL IN THE REGISTRATION & JUNIOR CODE OF CONDUCT FORM AND EITHER MAIL OR EMAIL IT, CLICK HERE
TO REGISTER ONLINE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW AND CLICK SUBMIT
Even though you are registering on line, you must still bring a signed copy of the Code of Conduct Form to your first tournament.
We thank the following sponsors for their support of the 2017 Zone 2 Junior Program: